Recipe Pancake | Healthy, Easy, Yum (GF, V)
- 2-3 ripe banana
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seed oil or similar oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/2 cup hemp protein
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoon of ground linseed
- 1 cup of milk or water (preferably homemade hemp milk)
- 2+ Tablespoon of coconut sugar (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut oil or similar frying oil (for frying pancakes)
- Hemp Cream
- Maple syrup
- Mash banana, hemp seed oil, lemon juice and vanilla with a fork in a medium bowl until banana is fully mashed and gummy.
- Mix dry ingredients with a fork in another bowl or if you are lazy on top of your wet ingredients.
- Add milk to thin the batter out with a little bit of your favorite milk, if needed. Add more flour off to runny or add more liquid if too thick. It needs to pour across the pan.
- Add a little bit of oil to a pan (I use a cast iron) over medium heat. Pour pancakes using a ¼ cup measuring cup and allow to cook until bubbles start to form.
- Flip the pancakes and continue cooking for another 1-3 minutes until ready.
- Serve with toppings of choice and enjoy!
7 tips for good pancakes
Here are my seven best tips for perfect pancakes every time.
- Check the freshness of your baking powder.
- Whisk your dry ingredients to avoid big lumps.
- Resist the over-mix.
- Rest the batter.
- Use a big skillet or, better yet, a griddle.
- Wipe out the pan between batches.
- Pay attention.